Five puppies were found dead in north Kolkata’s Shobhabazar area on Wednesday and it is suspected that they were fed with food laced with poison, police said.
Police initiated a probe into the matter after local people and dog lovers filed a complaint.
The locals spotted the puppies lying dead on a footpath in the morning.
“They said the puppies were fed regularly by several people of. But they were not sure who could kill them. We have launched an investigation,” a police officer added.
Incidents of cruelty to animals have been reported earlier this month too.
Unknown people in Howrah district had tried to poison several street dogs on the Diwali night. However, none of them died.
In another incident in Paschim Medinipur district, a dog lost a part of its limbs and suffered severe burn injuries after unidentified people burst firecrackers after tying them to its leg.
- Killing Of Bihar Workers In J&K “Matter Of Serious Concern”: Nitish Kumar
- “No Jobs In Bihar”: Opposition Targets Nitish Kumar On Kashmir Killings
- 3 Arrested For Blackmailing Man With Bathing Video: Mumbai Police
- “No One Is Safe”: Priyanka Gandhi Slams UP Government Over Lawyer’s Murder
- Watch: Firm Claims “Non-Lethal” Trishul, Vajra Will Counter Chinese
(This Article has not been edited by NEWSUP18 and it is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)