One people was killed and four others were injured in a head-on collision with a speeding car in Jashpur district of Chhattisgarh. The incident took place at Pathalgaon in Jashpur, Chhattisgarh. On Friday, about 100-200 people were going for the immersion of the fort when a speeding car coming from behind crushed them.
According to media reports, the car was loaded with marijuana and the smugglers were taking it from Odisha to Singrauli in Madhya Pradesh. The enraged people set the car on fire and beat the two accused in the car to death.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that both the accused had blown up someone earlier during the trip. Some people were chasing him and that is why the speed of the car was very high. However, information about the car which was earlier crushed by the two accused is not yet available. So the police are investigating the incident further.
Both accused were trying to crush the people and flee. But the people present there chased the car for about 5 km. He then grabbed the driver of the car at Sukhrapara and beat him severely. Also, angry people set the car on fire.
The local police had to fight hard to save the accused from the mob. While rescuing from the crowd, the police have brought the accused to Kapu police station in Raigad district. Police have been deployed at the spot to check the anger of the people.
- Heavy Rainfall Warning In Kerala; Red Alert In 5 Districts
- Finance Minister Meets World Bank Chief Over Post-Covid Economic Recovery
- “I Am Full-Time President”: Sonia Gandhi To G-23 At Key Congress Meet
- VK Sasikala, Who Quit Public Life, Returns To Jayalalithaa Memorial
- “Applaud India’s Announcement To Resume Vaccine Export”: Top US Official